Saturday 1 October 2011

No More Lattes?

Regular readers will note my Saturday usually starts with a Maccy D's latte with an extra shot. Today, as I thought I would give North Tyneside a bash, I omitted the drink and went straight to the area around The Haven, Priors Park and North Pier. It was all very quiet but at least it was dry, cooler than of late and the sunrise was spectacular.

Whitley Bay Cemetery was equally sombre, and I was saddened to see that my caffeine-related hero was no more:


Onward and upward and off to St. Mary's next.  Hods of Skylarks over the stubble field on the way in, and the ebbing tide had exposed a load of sea weed that was awash with Sanderling, Dunlin, Turnstone, Redshank and Starlings.


And these guys just off-shore:


Along the path to the west of the wetlands, singing his wee lungs out was this chap:


The rest of the path was quiet save for Reed Buntings, and the willows and the north end of the wetlands were the quietest I have experienced.

On the ploughed field, the three wise..........

No comments:

Post a Comment